State of Flow
Flow State Training Program
The Breath Control Method of Flow State Training is the most effective way to train the mind and body to enter the state of flow, stay there longer, get there faster and visit “The Zone” more often.
Continue on to the bottom of the page to register for our Intro to Flow State Workshop.
Benefits of Flow State or Being in The Zone
- Razor sharp focus and concentration
- Increased creativity and imagination
- Greater productiviity and ability to execute or capitilize on opportunity
- Raised confidence, sense of presence and level of self-awareness
- Boosted energy levels and invigoration
- Heightened sense of calm and relaxation
- Improved overall happiness and well-being
Our completely unique, revolutionary training merges positive psychology and mental performance techiques with breath hold training and breathing exercises to cultivate Flow.
Through dryland breath hold training we awaken and tap in to the mammilian dive reflex which is a set of physiological responses primarily in the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. The mammilian diving reflex exists and is hard wired into each and every one of us. Through breath hold training you will learn that the adaptive process can be leveraged to open the doors and propell us into the zone or flow state where we can reach our full potential.
Studies have demonstrated that positive associations between imagery, confidence and the inducement of a flow state, in turn predict an increase to performance (2013). In essence, the conduction of a flow state is seen to significantly increase performance levels in a given external task (Koehn et al., 2013).
Psychophysiological Somatic Therapy
Participants also undergo somatic therapy where the psychophysiological connection is established and where we can begin to introduce individuals to their nervous system.
Conditioning and development of this vital relationship is how we prepare our clients for attaining The ROC (Relaxation On Command).
By learning to lead with your breath you will begin to realize that you can control your entire body and then the mind will follow right behind. This is one of the most important relationships in your life to greatly enhance mental resilience and composure as well as improve your physical fitness and overall wellness.
Breath x Body x Brain = Relaxation On Command
The Breatheology Method
Breath holding techniques derived from Stig Severinsen, founder of the Breatheology Method are deeply integrated throughout the Flow Training program. Stig is a 4x Freediving world champion, PhD in Medicine, the first human to hold his breath longer than 20 minutes and current Guiness World Record Holder of the longest distance swam underwater on a single breath hold.
The Eight Characteristics of Flow State:
- Complete focus and concentration on the task;
- Clarity of goals and reward in mind and immediate feedback;
- Transformation of time (speeding up/slowing down);
- The experience is intrinsically rewarding;
- Effortlessness and ease;
- There is a balance between challenge and skills;
- Actions and awareness are merged, losing self-conscious rumination;
- There is a feeling of control over the task.
“The best moments in our lives are not the passive, receptive, relaxing times . . . The best moments usually occur if a person’s body or mind is stretched to its limits in a voluntary effort to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile” (Csikszentmihalyi, 1990).
This live online workshop is intended for:
- Freedivers and Spearfishermen (Spearos)
- Athletes (Sports and Tactical)
- Performers and Entertainers
- Health Care Providers and First Responders
- Business Professionals
- Anyone seeking more happiness, less stress and improved well-being
This workshop will include theory, practical interactive exercices and training as well as a Q&A and discussion period.
Cost for this live online workshop is $100.00. An intake form along with payment details and further training information will be provided upon completion of the form below.